Friday, March 15, 2013

New Blog, Be Very Afraid!

Hello. Welcome to my inaugural post to my new blog, Questions Make You Smarter. Here I would like to explore the main topics that I often question myself and others about; politics and religion. By combining these two most debatable, controversial and personal topics, I hope not to alienate every possible reader of every affiliation; religious, political or otherwise. While some may avoid questioning the things most important to them in fear of losing grasp of their importance, I feel that my constant questioning has actually strengthened the core of my beliefs. I hope that this blog will have that type of effect on its readers, strengthening other's knowledge of who they are and why they believe what they believe.

I grew up like most Americans, believing in the Government and my religion as perfect entities. I got 'saved' when I was about 10 years old, because "I don't want to go to hell", as I told my counselor. I separated from the Christian religion by the time I was 19, and explored other spiritual possibilities, which eventually led me 'full circle' almost to the same point that I started. I began political activism at the fresh college age of 18 with the "Rally Against Reagan", a rally outside of the Lloyd Noble Center against the visitation of then current President Reagan. I knew something was wrong, but had absolutely no realization of HOW wrong things were, and would one day become.

My awakening process has been very gradual, but once my quest of questioning started, I couldn't stop. Now here I am in the middle of all I have formulated, using the information gathered by an abundance of questioning. It is healthy to explore truth. This exploration will unravel in these blogs and will reconstruct thoughts and ideas until the end result is a truthful understanding of all things real, reality, and above reality.

There will be some personal topics explored, and some tough questions asked. It is in my nature to desire a face-to-face meeting with my own personal belief structures. I do hope not to offend, but if you are offended by something, please just have a little patience and I will offend the polar opposite of your perspective that I previously offended. Here we go....



No comments:

Post a Comment